Seaton Sound Discussion Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 17      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
sandbagger

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 524
Reply with quote  #41 
My understanding is we might have a prototype driver in later this week or early next

Quote:
Originally Posted by boober
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger
Sean

we are now very committed to finding a suitable replacement amp

Not sure of how quick its going to happen, but it will happen


Cool news!

Anything new to report on a stock driver replacement?

Thanks Kevin

__________________
Kevin
Motor City Custom Audio
http://motorcitycustomaudio.com/
paw

Registered:
Posts: 44
Reply with quote  #42 
I hope this is OK to post. Kevin, let me know if it's not. I'll post this in the main thread also.

I picked up 3 cabinets at the AV123 auction. I have 2 for sell

1 - satin black. Definitely C stock. Includes satin black faceplate, no amp or controls, no driver, no screws for face plate, never had a driver mounted (so no Swiss cheese)

$50 + shipping + a little for additional packing materials (the box will take LOTS of tape)

1 - Moho in DIAMOND finish. It's about 40% light wood and 60% dark wood. Includes black diamond faceplate, no amp, no driver, no screws for face plate. Driver mounted only once (so no Swiss cheese). There's minor scratches and a couple of areas of moderate scratches on the face plate. These might buff out. The cabinet has very minor scratches and scuffs. The veneer joint lines are visible but no more that on some "high end" furniture we've purchased.

$150 + shipping + a little for additional packing materials (the box will take LOTS of tape)


I'll try to post pics tomorrow after work.

I have the foam packing material and will double box them.
flamingeye

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boober
Anyone have an extra MFW-15 v3 amp for sale?

I'll even take a v2 amp. 1 of my amps caught on fire the other night.

FWIW I happen to have a couple of spare MFW-15 drivers laying around.

I`m really Sorry to here your amp caught fire and if you don`t mined could you tell me witch amp caught fire v1, v2 or v3 and how exactly did it happen , thank`s

Sean_W_Smith

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 139
Reply with quote  #44 
Thanks Kevin. waiting patiently

__________________
Silicon Valley, CA and Huntsville, UT

and Formerly Raleigh, NC. Loving the mild weather, hating the cost of EVERYTHING!
paw

Registered:
Posts: 44
Reply with quote  #45 
OK here's the pics. You can click on the thumbnails for larger images.

I've tried to describe the issues and be as honest as possible

Black

left side




crack in finish on back




right side




front




detail of surface crack in MDF




top





Moho

front with diamond face plate



scuff/dent on bottom left






back




angle




mild scuffs & scratches (focus is a little off, they are a LITTLE worse than this)




veneer seam, it's the dark line in the middle of the pic. Probably a little less noticable in person



diamond black face plate. The flash make them stand out more than in person. The circular or curved lines are very mild scratches. They are not very noticable in person. The straight lines are moderate scratches. If you're a detail person, you'll notice them from a distance. The average person will only notice them if they look closely.







stevesatch

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #46 
I need a version 3 amp : )
dvp

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #47 
Looking for a driver replacement. How would I know which version I have of the MFW-15? I bought it in April of 2008.
sandbagger

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 524
Reply with quote  #48 
All the drivers should be the same, it was the amps that there are different versions due to mass failures.

We should have a sample  here this week some time of a really nice replacement driver, if everything is to spec, it shouldnt take long to start getting them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvp
Looking for a driver replacement. How would I know which version I have of the MFW-15? I bought it in April of 2008.

__________________
Kevin
Motor City Custom Audio
http://motorcitycustomaudio.com/
dvp

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger
All the drivers should be the same, it was the amps that there are different versions due to mass failures.

We should have a sample  here this week some time of a really nice replacement driver, if everything is to spec, it shouldnt take long to start getting them in.
Looking forward to reading about how these turn out! 

Also got a pm about unused in box replacement driver selling on eBay and added that to my watch list. Only thing that worries me about that is if it's untested it could end up being one of the rumored knockoff drivers AV123 may have sent out that bottoms out or has other issues. I'll probably just wait and read about the ones Mike and Kevin are working on.
Murrel

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paw
I hope this is OK to post. Kevin, let me know if it's not. I'll post this in the main thread also.

I picked up 3 cabinets at the AV123 auction. I have 2 for sell

1 - satin black. Definitely C stock. Includes satin black faceplate, no amp or controls, no driver, no screws for face plate, never had a driver mounted (so no Swiss cheese)

$50 + shipping + a little for additional packing materials (the box will take LOTS of tape)

1 - Moho in DIAMOND finish. It's about 40% light wood and 60% dark wood. Includes black diamond faceplate, no amp, no driver, no screws for face plate. Driver mounted only once (so no Swiss cheese). There's minor scratches and a couple of areas of moderate scratches on the face plate. These might buff out. The cabinet has very minor scratches and scuffs. The veneer joint lines are visible but no more that on some "high end" furniture we've purchased.

$150 + shipping + a little for additional packing materials (the box will take LOTS of tape)


I'll try to post pics tomorrow after work.

I have the foam packing material and will double box them.



I have the faceplate screws and rubber washers........all of them!  

$225.00 plus shipping  just kidding

Just let me know and i will mail them
 to whom ever needs them. 


Murrel
bladerunner123

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #51 

Need help finding an MFW-15 replacement amp. I have a version 1 MFW with no issues but my Version 2 amp shuts of about every 15 minutes. must be overheating or something, cus it will come back to life on it's own after 5-10 minutes in standby.

Stereodude

Registered:
Posts: 393
Reply with quote  #52 
Sound like the circuit breaker is tripping and resetting. (assuming it has one)
bladerunner123

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #53 

Is that something I can fix easily or does it just need a whole new amp.

sacrifist

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #54 
There is a loud hum coming from my mfw now. Would that be an amp problem or a driver problem? Ive replaced the amp twice already, but am pretty sure Im using a v2 amp still. Ive also replaced the driver once already. Is there anything I can try to get rid of the hum. It's as loud as a microwave running I'd say.
Mark_Seaton

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 2,121
Reply with quote  #55 
Amp.  From what Murrel had found and Kevin & I spotted in a couple we had, it looks like many of the V2 failures were power supply related.  That may or may not be something which you can put a band aid on.

We are making further progress on the amplifier option, but it's still way too early to suggest any availability.


__________________
Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
sales@seatonsound.net
773-290-8436
sacrifist

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #56 
thx for the swift reply Mark. Ill keep an eye on these forums for news about an amp option. I'd love to get the upgrade you guys have, but funds are tight these days.
paw

Registered:
Posts: 44
Reply with quote  #57 

Quote:

I have the faceplate screws and rubber washers........all of them!  

$225.00 plus shipping  just kidding

Just let me know and i will mail them
 to whom ever needs them. 


Murrel
 


Murrel hooked me up with faceplate screws and washers. Thanks!

The Moho's double boxed and ready to ship. I got the boxes for the satin black cabinet today. It will be ready  tomorrow.
Murrel

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #58 
Paw 

you are welcome!
Mark_Seaton

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 2,121
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paw

Quote:

I have the faceplate screws and rubber washers........all of them!  

$225.00 plus shipping  just kidding

Just let me know and i will mail them
 to whom ever needs them. 


Murrel
 


Murrel hooked me up with faceplate screws and washers. Thanks!

The Moho's double boxed and ready to ship. I got the boxes for the satin black cabinet today. It will be ready  tomorrow.


FYI, these are readily available parts from McMaster-Carr if they are needed by anyone.  I'll later post up what is needed, but basically it's a 1/4-20 flat head machine screw ~2" long (black oxide) and a rubber washer that can clear the 1/4" diameter screw.

__________________
Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
sales@seatonsound.net
773-290-8436
rfglock

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #60 
This is my first post but I've watched for a while. Anybody have a working mfw amp they are willing to part with? I'm considering the turbo but have 2 and 1 still works so a replacement amp should hold me for a while.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.